Formalities at Vietnam’s international airports are generally smoother than at land borders. That said, crossing overland from Cambodia and China is now relatively stress-free. Crossing the border between Vietnam and Laos can be slow.
Your passport must be valid for six months upon arrival in Vietnam. Easiest way to enter Vietnam is with Visa on Arrival process.
Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Visa on Arrival (VOA) is the preferred method for most travelers arriving by air, since it’s cheaper, faster and you don’t have to part with your passport by posting it to an embassy. Online visa agencies email the VOA to you directly.
It can only be used if you are flying into any of Vietnam’s five international airports, not at land crossings. The process is straightforward: you fill out an online application form and pay the agency fee (as low as US$6). You’ll then receive by email a VOA pre-approved letter signed by Vietnamese immigration which you print out and show on arrival, where you pay your visa stamping fee in US dollars, cash only.
VISA STAMP FEE TO PAY BY CASH AT THE AIRPORT
- 1 Month Single Entry – $25/person.
- 1 Month Multiple Entry – $50/person.
- 3 Month Single Entry – $25/person.
- 3 Month Multiple Entry – $50/person.
- 6 Month Multiple Entry – $95/person.
- 1 Year Multiple Entry – $135/person.
Pre-approved Visa on Arrival letter helps you pick up visa at the airport on arrival. You can choose visa upon arrival, as picking up visa at the Vietnam international airports (in Hanoi, Da Nang, Cam Ranh, Phu Quoc, Vinh and Ho Chi Minh city)
Apply for Pre-approval Vietnam Visa letter here. I received my visa letter in less than 5 hours.
Please follow the below steps after you receive your Pre-approved visa letter:
- Check your detail information on visa letter.
- Print visa letter to paper to use (in black and white is enough).
- Prepare 02 passport-sized photos (photos of your face) (4*6cm or similar size).
- Download Form NA1-Vietnamese Visa Application Form to fill your information on it which it will save your time at Vietnam Airport to declare it before you get visa stamp.
- Bring your visa letter with you to the airport and show at the Airlines Office Desk when boarding the plane.
- Show your visa letter to get visa stamp when you arrive at the Immigration Desk at the Vietnam International Airport (Noi Bai airport – Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat airport – Hochiminh city, Danang airport – Danang city, Cam Ranh airport – Nha Trang city/Khanh Hoa, Can Tho, Lien Khuong, Phu Quoc).
- Prepare some money per person by cash (in USD or VND) to pay for visa stamp fee (paid by yourself upon arrival at the airport: 25$ for 1 month and 3-month single entry, 50$ for 1-month multiple entry and 3-month multiple entry, 95$ for 6 months multiple entry, 135$ for 1-year multiple entry).
For Visa on Borders click here.
Search for cheapest flight on Skyscanner
Find the complete Itinerary for Vietnam here
If you have any questions related to visa for Vietnam, please let us know in the comments.