Imagine trekking along a canyon in the Sahyadri mountains and dropping down to a tent that hovers mid-air, with nothing but air between you and splat! If your palms aren’t sweaty at the thought, you may want to try the Sandhan Valley Hanging Tent trek, near Nashik, just three hours from Mumbai.
Situated near Bhandardara in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district, this 300ft deep-cut valley is perhaps India’s most extreme campsite, where you can go ‘cliff camping’ for a few hours.
How does cliff camping work?
Well, you just go out and hang. The hanging tent a.k.a the portaledge, has an aluminium frame with a sturdy base that can hold the combined weight of two people in the air. These tents are fastened to a large rock using a special rope that can take up to 600kg. You will be safely harnessed to a rope with carabiners always, even while inside. There is also one primary safety cable that connects as many as three tents together.
The Sandhan Valley Hanging Tent experience
You will alight at Kasara railway station and head to Samrad village in Ahmednagar, which is the base camp for the trek. For the hanging tent experience, your guides will kit you out in the appropriate gear – helmets, harnesses, knee-caps, elbow guards, the works–before slowly using a rope ladder to lower you into the tent that can hold two people at a time.
Groups can spend an hour inside the tent before being roped back up. It sure makes for a great photo op! Finish up with a round of rappelling or an exhilarating valley crossing activity.
- Hanging Tent Experience
- Rappelling (140ft)
- Valley Crossing
Board Kasara local train from Mumbai CST at 12:15am. Meeting point at Kasara ticket booking office.
- 03:00am – Reach Kasara Station & proceed to Sandhan Valley by local vehicle.
- 06:30 to 08:00am – Reach Samrad Village, fresh up & breakfast.
- 08:00am – Proceed to campsite.
- 08:30 to 09:00am – Introduction & accommodation.
- 09:00am – Activities will start. Feel the experience of hanging tents (20-25mins), valley crossing & rappelling.
- 01:00 to 02:00pm – Lunch Time.
- 02:00pm – Activities will start again.
- 06:30pm – Free time.
- 08:30pm – Dinner followed by camp fire (subject to availability)
- 06:30am – Wake up early & fresh up.
- 07:00am – Breakfast
- 07:30am – Transfer to Kasara station by local vehicle. Adventure ends with happy memories.
Date: Upcoming Batch in November, 2018
Max Participants: 50 pax
- Pick up & Drop from Kasara Station.
- Accommodation (Tent)
- 2Breakfast, 1Lunch, 1Dinner.
- All activities & equipment charges.
- Expert Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion.
Seats filling fast, reserve yourself now..
Sandhan Valley Hanging Tents
For cost in Indian Rupees (INR) Click here
- Call/WhatsApp: +917567235577
- Email: email@example.com
Or Write us below:
An experience of a lifetime