Imagine trekking along a canyon in the Sahyadri mountains and dropping down to a tent that hovers mid-air, with nothing but air between you and splat! If your palms aren’t sweaty at the thought, you may want to try the Sandhan Valley Hanging Tent trek, near Nashik, just three hours from Mumbai.
Situated near Bhandardara in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district, this 300ft deep-cut valley is perhaps India’s most extreme campsite, where you can go ‘cliff camping’ for a few hours.
How does cliff camping work?
Well, you just go out and hang. The hanging tent a.k.a the portaledge, has an aluminium frame with a sturdy base that can hold the combined weight of two people in the air. These tents are fastened to a large rock using a special rope that can take up to 600kg. You will be safely harnessed to a rope with carabiners always, even while inside. There is also one primary safety cable that connects as many as three tents together.
The Sandhan Valley Hanging Tent experience
You will alight at Kasara railway station and head to Samrad village in Ahmednagar, which is the base camp for the trek. For the hanging tent experience, your guides will kit you out in the appropriate gear – helmets, harnesses, knee-caps, elbow guards, the works–before slowly using a rope ladder to lower you into the tent that can hold two people at a time.
Groups can spend an hour inside the tent before being roped back up. It sure makes for a great photo op! Finish up with a round of rappelling or an exhilarating valley crossing activity.
- Hanging Tent Experience
- Valley Crossing
- Valley Exploration
Board our bus from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East) at 11pm.
- 11:30pm – Journey start from Mumbai towards Samrad Village by bus.
- 05:30 to 07:00am – Reach Samrad Village, fresh up & breakfast.
- 07:15am – Proceed further towards Sandhan Valley. (45mins. Trek from Base Village)
- 08:00am – Briefing & proceed for activities.
- 08:30am – Activities: Valley Crossing, Hanging Tent & Rappelling.
- 01:00pm – Lunch
- 03:30pm – Activities: Valley Crossing, Hanging Tent & Rappelling.
- 06:30pm – Tea break & free time.
- 08:00pm – Campfire with Music
- 09:00pm – Dinner
- 11:00pm – Good Night
- 07:30am – Wake up early & fresh up.
- 08:30am – Breakfast followed by remaining activities.
- 11:00am – Start the return journey back to Mumbai by bus. Adventure ends with happy memories.
- Batch 1: 27th to 28th Dec, 2018 Pay now
- Batch 2: 28th to 29th Dec, 2018 Pay now
- Batch 3: 29th to 30th Dec, 2018 Pay now
- Batch 4: 30th to 31st Dec, 2018 Pay now
- Batch 5: 31st Dec, 2018 to 1st Jan, 2019 Pay now
- Rs. 3950/person for Batch 1 & 2.
- Rs. 4250/person for Batch 3, 4, & 5.
Max Participants: 50 pax
- Dadar – Samrad – Dadar by bus
- Accommodation (Tent) Multiple sharing
- 2Breakfast, 1Lunch, 1Dinner.
- Couple tents available at Rs. 500/- additional.
- All activities & equipment charges.
- Expert Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion.
Seats filling fast, reserve yourself now..
Confirm your travel now:
- Call/WhatsApp: +917567235577
- Email: email@example.com
Or Write us below:
An experience of a lifetime